Posted by Michael D Jensen on March 26th, 2008
I’m excited to announce a new free service I developed for local businesses, LeaveFeedback.org. Local Search is one of the newest verticals in the search industry bringing with it the convergence of offline (local) businesses and online search. LeaveFeedback.org has a real solution to one of the biggest problems facing local businesses: online customer reviews.
Problem: Local businesses have difficulties getting online reviews from offline customers.
Solution: LeaveFeedback.org helps local businesses to get authentic, online reviews from their customers by giving a coupon for leaving feedback at a review site, and pointing the customer directly to one of the review sites.
Benefits: This service not only helps local businesses to increase online customer reviews, but it also gives motivation to local businesses to create business listings at popular local search sites and helps local businesses rank better on sites that use customer ratings as a part of their local search rankings algorithm (like Yahoo! Local).
Businesses with multiple locations or Local Search Marketers can manage multiple businesses from one account.
How LeaveFeedback.org works:
1) Local business fills out sign-up form
3) Local business creates a coupon with a code for customer to enter
4) Local business gives customer the coupon (or sends in an email)
5) Customer enters code at LeaveFeedback.org and is directed to one of the review sites of the local business
6) Customer prints off the “thank you page” or actual review and redeems coupon
As a result, local businesses will see an increase in customer reviews, ratings, and local search rankings. And ultimately, more customers!
Some other features of LeaveFeedback.org you’ll find helpful and interesting, but not shouted from the rooftops:
- Print off an actual coupon (4 per page) from an auto-generated PDF
- Create a direct link to a randomly selected local review site for your business
- Keeps track of how many times the coupon was entered and customer went to review site
- Quick links to search for or add your local business to popular local search sites and directories
Some links about Local Search that may help you learn more about it:
10 Likely Factors in Google’s Local Search Algorithm
Mike Blumenthal interview about Local Search
Local Search Marketing Tactics (SES San Jose 2007 Session)
Why Local is Different (SMX West 2008 Session)
Extreme Local Search Optimization Tactics
Thanks for the feedback and testing by Mike Blumenthal at Understanding Google Maps & Yahoo! Local, Matt McGee at Small Business SEM, Andy Beal at MarketingPilgrim.com, David Mihm, Miriam at SEO Igloo and Solas Web Design, William Scott at SearchInfluence.com, and Tim Coleman at ConvertOffline.com.
12 comments Visited 7765 times March 26th, 2008 Michael D Jensen
Entry Filed under: Local Search